On the basis of our Values and Mission, the following vision statements state what Takoma Park Baptist Church will strive to do over the next five years.(Numbers 13:30, Nehemiah 2:4-5, Luke 4:18-19, Acts 1:8)
- Outreach/evangelism: We envision Takoma going out with a sense of urgency into the community, telling people about Jesus Christ, and bringing them to membership in His family. We will learn more about the people groups of our community and develop and actively engage in programs of outreach and evangelism
- Worship: We envision offering worship opportunities that attract all age groups, the churched and the unchurched. We will offer a contemporary worship service to complement the traditional 10:30 service.
- Stewardship: We envision becoming a congregation that knows and practices biblical giving by meeting, even exceeding, established revenue goals. We will teach and follow biblical concepts and truths of being good stewards of God's resources in all aspects of ministry.
- Discipleship: We envision Takoma actively engaged In God's work of transforming persons to be more like Christ in attitudes and actions. We will develop and implement a comprehensive discipleship strategy employing the Sunday School, small group Bible study, and corporate bible study for new disciples and growing disciples of all age groups.
- Effective Ministry: We envision Takoma actively engaged in holistic ministries that are relevant to our times and the people of our church and community with special focus on family ministry. We will assess whether Takoma's existing ministries and programs meet the needs of the congregation and the community, looking towards continuing some, discontinuing others, and introducing new ones.
- Membership: We envision a congregation growing numerically as well as spiritually. We will seek through spiritual discipline to be a church through which Christ will draw all people unto Himself.
- Leadership: We envision a congregation trained and equipped to bring our vision into reality through the power and gifting of the Holy Spirit. We will develop programs and employ methods that produce spiritual leaders.
- Missions: We envision a congregation actively engaged in praying for,giving to , and doing missions. We will become a people who go forth serving people at their point of need in addition to praying for and giving to missions.
- Music Ministry: We envision a music ministry expanded in instrumentation, choral groups, and sound equipment. We will develop a music program that will glorify, praise, and worship God and satisfy the spiritual needs of all age groups in the music program and in the congregation.